Are you willing to do your master's or bachelor's thesis or research internship under my supervision? That is possible.
- The ideal duration of the internship is from 3 to 6 months (5 to 15 ECTS).
- The internship will all take place in English.
- The target students are bachelor's or master's students in the fields of computer science, knowledge engineering, data science, and information technologies.
- The bachelor's and master's thesis is connected to the Educational Technologies course at Goethe University. For more information, please visit the website.
- In some cases, research funding is possible through the German Hiwi scheme.
- The projects are divided between [RES] (research) and [DEV] (development).
- Please look at the list of open topics and contact me to discuss this further.
- Do you have in mind a similar topic you wish to propose? That is also possible. You must fill in an Exposé of 2-4 pages using the template. In case you have any questions please consult the FAQ or reach out to me.
List of Topics
1. [DEV] Integrated Visual Inspection Tool
Research Task. The VIT is meant to be used with the Multimodal Learning Hub. The VIT is able to load the MLT-JSON format. In its 2.0 version, the LearningHub is evolving its data format, which instead of using a batch-based approach it will use a streaming approach using Kafka and the Data Lake. This research task consists in using re-engineering the VIT to have it an integrated tool with the back-end of the Kafka infrastructure.
- Github Repository of the VIT [icon name="github"] https://github.com/dimstudio/visual-inspection-tool
- Research paper about the VIT: Di Mitri D., Schneider J., Specht M., Drachsler H. (2019) Read Between the Lines: An Annotation Tool for Multimodal Data for Learning. In Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Learning Analytics & Knowledge - LAK19 (pp. 51–60). New York, NY, USA: ACM. DOI: 10.1145/3303772.3303776
If you wish to propose yourself a topic not listed and related to the previously mentioned topic, feel free to reach out to me to discuss this further.