I am an independent research group leader in Artificial Intelligence in Education at the DIPF Institute in Frankfurt, Germany.
My research focuses on creating responsible AI for education and human support. AI’s main advantage is providing learners with automated and personalised feedback to improve learning performance and skill mastery.
My mission is to change the current educational paradigms using digital technologies, data and artificial intelligence and make learning more accessible and enjoyable.
I can help you with
Topics I talk about
- The future is multimodal - podcast from AI_ducation02/22/2024Some months ago, Alessandra Antonaci and Filippo Chiarello, members of the Encore project, invited […]
- From the Automated Assessment of Student Essay Content to Highly Informative Feedback: a Case Study01/26/2024How can we provide students with highly informative feedback on their essays using natural language […]
- How to improve Knowledge Tracing with hybrid machine learning techniques01/04/2024Knowledge Tracing is a well-known problem in AI for Education. It consists of monitoring how […]
- Impact of AI Act on Affective Computing12/21/2023As we get closer to enacting the #AIAct, I want to share a few thoughts on banning […]
- A controlled way to better teaching and learning with AIIn Results12/19/2023"A controlled way to better teaching and learning with AI" is my latest interview on the DIPF blog, […]
- An EdTech tragedy?09/12/2023The UNESCO published a new #openaccess book called "An #edtech tragedy? Educational technologies […]